Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Another milestone

Today I bought Reese his very first lunchbox!


He is 15 months old and will be starting a Mommy's Day Out program in September. One day a week he will go and hang out with new friends he'll make and teachers who will encourage him and help him to learn new things. I can't believe my baby is going to go to "school". Okay, okay I know it's not really school, but it's away from home for a whole day - the same length as a school day! Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for him. I want him to have this experience and I believe it will be a very positive one for him, but it is a milestone that just shows how fast he is growing up.


I have to confess that the teacher in me was SO excited to buy him the lunchbox and his reaction was priceless. He grabbed for it right away, held onto it the entire shopping trip and kept saying "vroom, vroom". Too precious! I was so into the "back to school" spirit I even bought him crayons and markers to play with at home.


I have a feeling growing up with a teacher for a mom is going to be interesting for my children. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get groaned at a lot when I get excited for back to school shopping and I'm positive I will be called a dork more than once. But I don't care - I love it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment