Monday, August 10, 2009

We've got a climber on our hands

Recently Reese has discovered that he can climb!! Oh, joy of joy - just what I needed another instand heart attack.

It started off simple, climbing up the couch, then chairs, his toy chest, into cabinets, and attempting the bookshelves. Now he has more confidence and is taking more risks. A while ago he climbed a carseat at our friends that was on the floor next to a dog cage. He used the carseat to then get up on the dog cage and began jumping and screaming. Extremeley proud of himself. Today while I was sitting at the table I heard him playing in this toy tent he has, or so I thought. He was making some rather excited noises, when I turned around and realized somehow he had scaled the side and was getting ready to stand on top of it. By the way, it was also getting ready to buckle beneath his weight.

I swear I'm gonna go grey early - no doubt about it! I just hope I don't have another John Vincent on my hands. If you're not sure who that is see story below:



John Vincent, the man who climbed and BASE-jumped off the Gateway Arch on September 14, 1992, is on his way to jail for 90 days. Vincent originally pled guilty to the misdemeanor and was sentenced to a $1,000 fine, 25 hours of community service, and a year's probation. On December 19th, however, Vincent had to appear before a federal magistrate judge for violating terms of his probation, for failing to report to his probation officer, and for two recent encounters with the police. The judge revoked his probation and ordered Vincent to serve 90 days in jail, beginning December 29th. The assistant U.S. attorney noted in court that "Mr. Vincent has a serious attitude problem." A request for a delay on the jail reporting date made by Vincent's attorney was denied. [Deryl Stone, CR, JEFF, 12/20]

What will I do then!!!????

No comments:

Post a Comment