Friday, November 6, 2009

My shameful secret

Okay, moms - I'm reaching out and seeking advice, but before I do so I must reveal my shameful secret. Here it goes - please don't laugh. I'm sure some of you have been there.

I don't get to shower until 12 or 1 in the afternoon.

Now, read that carefully. See how I used the word "get"? I have always showered when Reese is napping - that way I know where he is, what he is doing and he is safe. Well, now he is down to 1 nap, which has its ups and downs. The big down - I REALLY miss my morning shower.

I have decided it is time to reclaim my shower time!! Working moms shower in the morning - and I'm betting a lot of them do it while their little ones are awake. Well, me too - I want that - so what is the secret??

Let me give you some background before you think I'm all gross and everything - I don't shower first thing in the morning because as soon as Reese gets up we have breakfast and go to the gym - makes sense right?

After the gym we come home to play until lunch and then down for nap. IF I do go anywhere it is Walmart or Target or the grocery store and well, lets admit it - there are ALL types there. In fact I'm proud of my workout appearance - at least I went to the gym. The other day I walked into Target and saw dozens of moms with their kids - and not a single one of them was in workout gear. Oh, no! They all looked cute and primped and ya know what - I'm not ashamed to say, I felt a little superior.

Okay, off my high horse.

Now I have had the occasional morning where we had to be somewhere early and I needed to take a shower. On those days I took him in the bathroom with me and he was still so fascinated with the shower and being in there that he just kinda stood there while I took a very fast shower. But let's be honest, that is going to wear off REAL soon.

So, mom's how do you do it? What is your secret to getting a shower in while your little one is awake? - remember I have a toddler who is full of energy.

Of course, I'm being a little fecicous here, and my questions are somewhat rhetorical. I have an idea of what to do, but I WOULD really like to hear from you - whether it's suggestions on how you keep your kiddos occupied while you shower OR if you've been in the same boat and have some fun stories to tell.

If you enjoy reading this - please click on the follow button and become a follower of my blog. I'd love to have ya!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh honey...I don't even shower everyday. lol I either take him in the shower with me (he sits and plays in the tub, but he's taken showers with us since he got home from the hospital...some kids might not like showers). The other option is I wait until Stephen can watch him. Just look at it this way, its much better for your skin to not take a shower everyday AND its an excuse to buy a pretty smelling perfume AND you have to exercise creativity to make your hair look decent (Headbands and hats) AND anyone who really loves you and matters shouldn't care if you stink a little. :)

    ReplyDelete